Monday, August 17, 2015

My Hometown: A Revealing

Well, it is big for me, really. I talked about being from Texas and currently living there. I haven't hinted very much on where exactly I live at this moment, but after thinking about it... I do feel that it is now time to say what is my hometown (and birth town!).

In all honesty, if you were weird and tried to find it through all the stuff I revealed on here (e.g. my job), you already found out. But for those that didn't do that, here it is...


I was born, raised, and am currently living in San Antonio.  

That's right, you heard me: I live in one of the biggest cities in Texas and the whole nation. And does my liberalism make more sense now? 

Wait, it doesn't Yeah, to be fair, my native city had squat to do with that. 

Either way, I absolutely love my hometown. Sure, it doesn't have a great indie bookstore nor record store (I go to Austin for those fixes), but it makes it up with an abundance of wonderfulness: 
  • beautiful art museums (McNay or bust)
  • fantastic restaurants (ranging from Japanese to Tex-Mex to bakeries and many more)
  • the Riverwalk (especially during Christmas, OMG)
  • a gorgeous main library
  • some awesome universities and colleges (what's up, alma mater?!)
  • Fiesta time! (party responsibly, kids)
  • the Missions finally became a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
  • look at all the famous natives!
Needless to say that I am proud to be from such a city. I am fully aware that it has some deep flaws (the driving skills of residents notwithstanding); it doesn't hurt my appreciation and pride for this city. So if you speak ill of San Antonio in my presence, there is a good chance I'll side-eye you HARD.

~~


The TL;DR version: I'm from the city with this basketball team

0 musing(s):