Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday Update (With Some Extra Rambly Bits)

I just came back from visiting with my folks and trying to get Pokemon Go to work on my phone. I've been trying on and off for the last several days, then giving up and playing Neko Atsume instead. It is possible that my phone is too old. (For those keeping score, it's an iPhone 4S that I got in 2012)

One major update: my health situation has improved. No more heart palpitations! It seems that the cause was low iron, since taking a new multivitamin and eating more iron-rich foods alleviated it. I am still planning on going to the cardiologist to be extra sure, but it seems whatever was ailing me healed up, thank goodness!

I also lost three pounds, my first significant loss in a few months. I credit the eating of salads twice a week and now exercising on the weekends to this happy change. I'm down to 183, so I have about 30 more to go.

I also read John Steinbeck for the first time: The Pearl and Of Mice and Men. Not gonna lie, I legit teared up at their endings. And now I eagerly await my BookPeople order of his journals, The Grapes of Wrath, and a collection of his short novels. Needless to say, he gained a fan in me. Would've dug reading those if I was in high school.

***

So yeah, Pokemon Go. My sister (being the dedicated fan since... the whole thing began for us Americans) already has a Flareon guarding a spot (which is at her job). It's fricking brilliant, this game. Pokemon has an intriguing habit of being a catalyst for change. I can't wait to see what this game will do for us as a population obsessed with our smartphones.

And also, I have made a pretty big decision: I am going to vote for Hillary. I am not in the least bit thrilled, but I cannot to let Trump win. The whole #Brexit catastrophe has catapulted me to this decision, I will admit. I also changed my mind on Jill Stein due to some disgusting things she'd said about folks with autism. As for Bernie... it's pretty apparent he is not wanting to be President, more satisfied with invoking change as a Senator and working within the DNC. So feel free to call me a hypocrite, I will only shrug and go "well, cool story bro" and move onto supporting down-ticket Democrats and Independents and turning Texas blue.

***

That's about it for me for now. Here's to timely updates, healthy hearts, and working smartphone games!

0 musing(s):