Monday, November 24, 2014

A HUGE UPDATE OMG o_O

So, my hawk-eyed readers, I'm sure you're looking around the blog and see something different... something off. Where are the references to her being a bookstore employee? you wonder as you munch on your snack of choice, yours eyes scanning the screen. Well, my friends, so much has happened since I last wrote on here and one big thing is...

I PUT IN MY TWO WEEKS' NOTICE AT BARNES & NOBLE.

If you haven't seen Hot Fuzz,
please remedy that.










I did have plans to stay until the New Year and help with one last Christmas rush, but life had other ideas. First off, Chase really started to take over my working days and I really wanted the days off to recuperate. And honestly, one of the ways to recuperate does not include working a retail job during the Christmas shopping season. Second, the time I spent there once a week wasn't enough to justify the pay I received. Finally, when my eighth anniversary passed by quietly (it was on the 15th, by the way), I realized it was time for me to go.

Basically my reaction when I looked
at the calendar on November 15th...













Of course there are people there who are saddened by my leaving. I'm sad to go too, I have made so many good friends there, those who I intend to stay in touch with for the rest of my life (ideally). I do plan on visiting, but not as often to be honest. I'm ready to move on and do other things.

2014 is slowly winding down to a close. This has truly been a crazy year full of successes, failures, excitement, boredom, adventure, oddball events, and potpourri that is just life in general. I have learned so much this year and I intend on sharing most of that on here when it's close to the end the year.

Sorry to say that NaNoWriMo was a bust this year. And you know what? That's okay! I had sucky timing and this also taught me that I need to put my priorities in order next time around. And boy, do I intend to!

For those wondering about my mom, well first... thanks for asking! She is doing wonderful, recovering just beautifully from her procedure. She already feels a major difference in her hip, so that's a great sign!

~~

That's it for now. I may start posting more once I figure out a good schedule to stick to! Until then, if your days are cold, may your nights be warm. May the cider be fresh and the turkey smoked and juicy. May... okay, you get the idea.

0 musing(s):