Tuesday, June 9, 2015

BIG JOB NEWS

As y'all know, I work for a major bank's call center in collections for credit cards. Due to business needs (i.e. having the ideal schedule), my team and I are being moved from credit card collections to collecting on overdraft bank accounts. This means several things:

  • a possible raise (actual amount TBA)
  • new job title!
  • new hours on Saturday, meaning I'll have an actual Saturday night.
  • three weeks' worth of paid training starting later this month!
  • new challenges and adventures
From what I understand, it's far simpler than what I do now, but more fast-paced since the calls are shorter (thank God). This opportunity was previously open to a limited amount of people in my department, but yeah... that changed quickly. Turns out it's a department that needs more people and it rather get already-trained peeps than wait to hire new ones. Can understand that, I suppose. 

I have two more weeks (counting this one) left in my old position. so I'm doing all that I can to end things there on the best note possible. I have come a long way, conquered a lot of roadblocks, and continue to improve my performance. By the time I join the new department, I'll be unstoppable and more awesome than before. 
 

~~

This post was brought to you by this summer's jam:

0 musing(s):