Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hey, remember me?

I'm that frustrated lady writer, blogging about music and books and her novel project? Yeah, I'm now back. I took some leave of absence (nothing serious, just too lazy). In all honesty, the GRE was a big shocker moment, though I didn't want to admit it at the time. Oh yeah and laziness.

~

I took the GRE on a mostly-sunny day, but it rained hard just as my mom was picking me up. So I was right on my prediction. Obviously, I can't reveal what questions I took, but you wouldn't give a damn anyway. But lemme tell you, the Math sections seriously destroyed me. It is a miracle I barely passed that section. As for the Verbals, I think I got near or to the goal I set for myself. Since it's a possibility that the scores are curved, who the hell knows now? I won't know for sure until mid-November anyway.

But yes, I walked away, a nearly-broken woman. It was a teaching moment, but it really hurt. And even if I wanted to take it again, it would be too late. The scores wouldn't arrive in time for the deadline for the grad school I want to apply for.

If I have read correctly, the scores may not even matter for the school I'm thinking of applying for. They only care about the writing sample. Man, I hope so.

~

So now begins the most important part of the process: the writing sample and SOP (Statement of Purpose). I'm either thinking of submitting an older story or a newer one I just got inspired to do.

Stay tuned for a random-ass announcement.

0 musing(s):