Friday, January 25, 2008

For once, thank God for growing pains...

I've been thinking about things for the last few days, and I realized the reason I haven't gotten anything published is because all I do is sit around and dream about it. I'm waiting for that opportunity, yet it won't come. I need to create it. So, I will start writing and pursuing every chance and opportunity thrown at me.

As for my writing, it hasn't suffered. I have written a few little short stories, one is a horror and one is a suspense. So, yea! The novel though has fallen through the cracks and now I have to rescue it. *Rescues it* Now, time to write it...

School's going very well. I'm learning to keep my head on straight and study as much as I can. I have my first quizzes coming up, so I'm going to do the best I can.

Enough of the life stuff. For now, at least.

~

I just finished reading Shirley Jackson's short story collection. Wow, there were some treasures in there!

For once, I read a short story collection and understood how to end a story. You see, I know how to do it for novels and novellas, but the ending is why I had hang-ups about writing short stories. Now, thanks to Ms. Jackson... I know how and the answer is obvious: only you, the writer, can tell. And that is my exact approach for endings in novels. Talk about an "Oh, duh!" moment.

I leave you for now, jamming out to Steve Miller Band's excellent "Jet Airliner".

Regards,
Lindsey

0 musing(s):