Wednesday, January 9, 2008

2008: a new year, a new start

I've been told that this year is going to be a year of new beginnings. The number 8 also bears some resemblance to the infinity symbol. So, best of luck to everyone!

~

Anyway, onto the reading list updates. I finished Shirley Jackson's "We've Always Lived in the Castle" and I gave up on Chuck Palahniuk's "Choke".

The first book was a bizarre read, but worth it. It was suspenseful. Yet, I prefer "The Haunting of Hill House".

Now for the latter... I've been only reading the book to see what the fuss was all about with this author. I respect him, he sounds like a cool guy. But, I just can't read his books. As a writer, there is an unspoken law to never bad-mouth a fellow writer. So, the buck stops here.

I'm now reading a collection of works by Ms. Jackson and "The House of Breath" by William Goyen. I did a research paper on him back in class last year and gained an interest in his work.

~

As for my writing... I've been working on various parts for my novel. So far, it's a bit scatterbrained and some things may not even make the final cut, but it's good to have the gears greased and going on with it.

~

I leave you, rocking out to Death Cab for Cutie's "Why Do You Want to Live Here".

Regards,
Lindsey

0 musing(s):