Friday, February 1, 2008

Random update time!

Well, it's the beginning of the new month and I decided on yet another random goal:

29 Short Stories in 29 Days.

All though this lovely month (depending on where you're living), I will read one short story a day. I had made a list of them and I just scratch off the one I wanted to read for that day.

The prize? More inspiration and techniques stored in the membrane, I guess...

Today's short story (or novella) was George Eliot's "The Lifted Veil". I guess I expected too much from this, because it didn't satisfy my secret love for morbid Gothic stuff. I didn't really connect with any of the characters (then again, relating to a clairvoyant is pretty hard for someone as incredibly boring as myself). It moved along at a reasonable pace, overall, a good read.

I don't know if it's me, but sometimes I have a hard time deciphering sentence structures in Victorian literature. I can understand what they're conveying about half of the time, maybe even three-fourths if I'm really into it. Yet, I had a devil of a time with "Veil". Then again, I did read this while I was riding on the bus and I was still waking up.

Nonetheless, I have my moments. As for writing, nothing special going on. Just going along.

That's about it from here, I leave you rocking to nothing, yet thinking about Demeter myths (for a class I'm taking).

Regards,
Lindsey

0 musing(s):