Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Novel projects and other fantastic ideas that I never do...

Sorry for the long silence, especially since I've been back since, well, Tuesday. I was planning to write out a bit on my trip, but I've been recovering from an ass-kicking (and not the awesome kind) cold. Some other things have come up also (including a concert I forgot about), so my recap of the trip may be delayed.

~

But yeah, it's that time again: the new novel project. I might start it earlier, like in an hour. It will be a longer one, no novellas this time. It is a novel, with a purported word count of 100,000.  The estimated end date likely will be September 8th.

I have a superstition about revealing the full titles of my longer works, so that was why on the last round, I only referred to my project by the last word of its title. This time, it will be the same. Y'all shall know it simply as "Invisible".

The story is set in San Francisco, the year 2000. It focuses on a group of college students, primarily on one (an Anthropology major) and she is trying to salvage a friendship with an Art History major. They have a fallout over the Art History major's decision on handling this one male student's ardent affection towards her. After a while, the male student and the Art History major drop out for no reason, prompting the Antrolopology major and all her friends to figure out what happened. Their sleuthing leads them to something different and more insidious.

Yeah, just like before, the plot doesn't sound like much. Hell, it sounds like something I wouldn't read. But I must keep it all minimal for now.

It begins now, so let's do this thing!

0 musing(s):