Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's one of those times

For the last week or so, I've been low in mood. Few things truly excite me, with some exceptions (like writing poems, reading, and playing video games). I wanted to write a review of Traveling with Pomegranates but decided against it after reading some reviews (I have a thing where I don't write a review of something if I already read a published review).

I did enjoy the book, mostly relating to the daughter's POV for obvious reasons (we're about the same age, at least she in the book). I got back into playing Rock Band 2 and am enjoying Fallout: New Vegas. While I'm off my writing schedule (and other schedules), I feel like I'm having some free-time fun. Reading is relaxing and thoughtful, so is writing, but I needed something silly and fun. I should note that I haven't played video games in a long while. That spell will soon end when Rock Band 3 comes out next week.

So my mood has been a little better, thanks to realizing some obvious truths. I'm now living with a sense of wanting, that there must be an alternate to what I've considered common. I guess it's good to always strive for something better.

0 musing(s):