Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sorry for the long silence, I had a good reason...

I was busy applying for jobs. Mostly writing/editing ones. They sounded very promising, good pay and exciting environments. A chance to stretch my skills out and share them with others, doing something more than working on my stuff. We're talking big-leagues here. This ain't no indie publisher, this ain't no (insert whatever)...

And... nope.


I redid my resume (a tip from the alumni career counselor I visited a week ago), wrote nice cover letters that weren't canned, and honestly fit an eff-ton of the requirements. Perhaps I can do better (which is the case for a lot of things, really), but I'm kinda thunderstruck. Right now it's a matter of licking my wounds and pressing on. There are other chances. Perhaps I should stretch out beyond writing/editing. After all, many writers didn't work in publishing, some were far from that in fact. May not need that route, just accept what is offered to me and go for it.

I think I have to go outside the box for this one, y'all.

Wish me luck. And may the same good luck go for us all.

*meme does not belong to me*

0 musing(s):