Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Might've celebrated too soon... or not?

*Note: This is a mish-mash of two posts that I never finished until now. You will see why as you read.

So after months of hunting, I found myself a second part-time job! It came out of effing nowhere, just a call about an application that I placed over a month ago, thinking nothing would come of it. Went in for an interview last Monday and got the call on Wednesday that I was selected. What were the perks? More hours to work (35 a week!), decent pay (I start at $9.00 an hour), and I get to wear socks all day! (It was at an early education center in my hometown.)

So I went to the second job last Friday to fill out the necessary paperwork. When it got to the discussion about vacation hours and all that, I realized that if I were to get into grad school, I was honest to God screwed. I couldn't get vacation time until I worked there for a year, so if something were to happen, it would likely make me quit the job due to that policy. I mentioned this to my new boss and she said that would have to talk to her superiors about it, let me know if this was too much of a risk.

I heard back yesterday and they said that they will hold off until I hear back from Michener. At this point, I'm not going to take the job. When a little time passes, I will contact them and say "thanks, but no thanks". I mean, to hold things off due to a theoretical, iffy thing? I could get a rejection any day now! Very weird, and frankly, kinda sad. Oh well.

But this morning I got yet another job interview! It's for a local radio station looking for an office assistant.

It's pretty damn surreal to have all this going on. I'm very excited. Even if grad school doesn't happen, the job search is going better than the last few months.

Either way, the last week or so have been very trying and interesting.

0 musing(s):