Friday, September 5, 2014

Last of the August Break Pics

Okay gang, welcome to the new month (okay it's five days into it, but shut up okay?): a full thirty days of trying new things, starting and finishing goals, and other platitude-ridden silliness. But seriously, let's get some things done, peeps!

Sorry that it took me so long to finish posting the last twelve days: I had a lot of traveling, personal things happened*, and job-hunting has taken over my life.

So, with no further introduction, here are the last of the August Break pictures!



Day 20: Peaceful

There is nothing more peaceful than a kitty deep into her cat-nap. Watching her little belly rise up and down and her little feet twitch as she dreams is such a tonic from the toxic world.


Day 21: Treasures













I have gotten into stamping and washi tape for my journaling (and my future Filofax). I keep a box of all that I use close by whenever the inspiration to create something strikes me.


Day 22: Shadow

















Hahahaha, nothing in the prompt said it had to be my shadow, so I decided to be a little scamp and screenshot my phone while I listen to a song called "Shadow"! (Side-note: it's a really good song)


Day 23: Adornment

















My guitar earrings! I love these so much. Little bitty pieces of turquoise in the guitar bodies!


Day 24: Memory













Man, this has been hanging in my family's house since (and likely before) my birth. According to my mom, a friend of hers and Dad's painted this for them. For those who can't read the text, it says "Thanksgiving is Thanksliving". Since my birthday ends up on Thanksgiving every so often (next year being one of those times), this always resonated with me. Also reminds me of our Thanksgiving lunches we share as a family (probably one of the few traditions we have).


Day 25: Little













My kitty has such tiny paws! I ain't kidding when I say she is deceivingly adorable. She looks petite, even down to her mews and trills, but she has the strength of a full-built tomcat.


Day 26: Morning













The view of the sunrise from one of my bedroom windows with bonus Chinese plum tree!


Day 27: Lines

















The faux-wood grain lines of the break room table at my bookstore job. It is a huge table, enough to seat a whole day and night crew if needed, but we never have enough chairs. :(


Day 28: Something New

















HEB releases seasonal sodas and one of them was this apple-flavored concoction. It's actually awesome, like a very light cider. Breaking my soda avoidance for this!

Day 29: Nature













The tree I happened to park under before a morning shift at my job.


Day 30: Soft

















This beautiful knitted poncho was made by my mom. She thought she did a poor job, but it's one of the things I get the most compliments for (besides the rubber ducky earrings). I always tell her about how people adore it. I even had a man stop me in the streets of San Francisco just to tell me how much he loved it. If I recollect, my mom used a very soft and expensive yarn of sorts. It's held up in the wash and always a comfort to wear when it gets cold in the bookstore.


Day 31: Love













Love is... seeing one of your favorite bands live. Little Dragon, what a show! Bravo!

Just one thing: why u no play "Paris"? :(

~~

*I'll get to this in the next entry on here.

This post was brought to you by: the song "Neuromancer" by EMA and the paperback release of Cat Sense by John Bradshaw.

0 musing(s):