Sunday, March 20, 2016

*Christian Bale voice* "Oh good for you!"

Soooo... after my post from earlier (which I actually started to write around Thursday), I had a funny thing happen on Saturday.

When I arrived at my parents' house to visit for a while and do some laundry, I threw my back out when I bent down to grab my laundry basket from the car. I was basically stuck in this position and my father rushed out to help me. I thought I wouldn't be able to move, but I was able to stand up straight and walk in, my father carrying my purse and laundry basket (bless him). Needless to say, my visit went differently than I thought.

My mother (bless her too) drove me to the grocery store so I could get stuff for the week ahead. She also took me back to the apartment so I could drop off my food. She even clipped my cat's front claws, so a two-fer there. We went back to the house and I chilled there, reading Fairest Volume 4 and going between icing and using the heating pad on my lower back.

I went home with my parents' electrode massager and have been using that since, along with the ice pack and the heating pad my mother gave me a long while ago.

This pain hasn't taught me too much yet, but one thing I know for sure: SLOW DOWN. My mother has a similar problem; when she rushes around, she ends up pulling something or overall getting in major pain.

So, I tell you the same thing: slow down so you don't hurt yourself. And if you do, allow yourself to heal. DOn't rush it, relax and let the body do what it's designed to do.

Also, tripping over that pothole the day before didn't help either.

TL;DR: watch for potholes and laundry is dangerous.

0 musing(s):