Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Long Work Week Over

At my job, when it's predicted we'll be busy AF (especially since this week is Spring Break), we have to work mandatory overtime. So every day I've been going in for 10-hour shifts. By Wednesday night, I was feeling it. Twitchy eye, yawning constantly during the shift, waking up groggy... I really hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon. Sure the pay is nice, but I think it was chipping away at my health. So Friday marks the last of it and thank God! My paycheck is gonna look nice, but I'm not sure the cost is worth it. My parents say it is, but I'm not so sure anymore. Last I checked, overtime was voluntary. Oh well, what do I know? I'm just a spoiled millennial. /sarcasm

This weekend shows no signs of slowing down as well. I have errands to run, but then sweet relief on Sunday... I get to see my best friend for the first time since last November! She recently had her first child, so naturally she was spending time with the little one and getting used to that new thing called motherhood. I have no doubt in my heart and soul that she is a great mom. That kid is one lucky little dude!

I also have some cool things to look forward to: a writing class in April up in Austin, an online writing class the month after, the Silversun Pickups show in May as well, and then case/lang/veirs in August!

Not much update on my writing projects, though I did stop doing the flash fiction challenge that started at the beginning of the year. It was becoming more of a chore and less fun, so I wanted to move onto other things. I also stopped writing a poem a week for the same reason as well. My goal is to finish what I started, edit as much as I can, and start submitting more work out to the world.

So that's about it for me here! Until next time...

0 musing(s):