Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Got news back from Michener...

and I was denied. To be honest, I wish I was completely shocked and throwing a "why me" epic tantrum, but it's just not in me. It's really a case of "oh hai maturity" and also that getting in was very unlikely (message boards equated it with winning the lottery. Not a bad analogy, actually). Not because I suck at writing or anything, I mean, I'm a great writer. Maybe it's a case of "not just yet" or in all honesty, going there would've been a bad idea. Who knows?

So will you apply for grad school ever again? Oh yeah, I still will love to go, but it may now have to wait. In all honesty, I need to get a full-time job and move out first. That was partly the reason I wanted to go so bad. I wanted a huge damn excuse to get myself together and do something with my life. And I feel that was my biggest error in this whole thing. Ah, the old saying "putting all your eggs in one basket" applies here.

Will you apply for Michener again? To be honest, I don't know now. I feel, in a strange way, I might've applied there and hoped for admission to prove to myself that I'm a good writer. Sure, the money is great, but I really didn't know a ton about the program and its professors. I mean, it could be a decent school and going somewhere else would've been better, for all I f***ing know.

What now, Frustrated Lady Writer? Time to just write and find a full-time job that will take me further north from here. As for grad school, it may have to wait.

Thanks to those who wished me well and also helped me with my application. Time to dust myself off and move on to other things.

0 musing(s):