Saturday, April 21, 2012

I got my holy grail!

What a day Record Store Day turned out to be! Not only did I get the RSD exclusives I wanted, I also received my holy grail of records. Wait, you're probably thinking, what is a holy grail? It is a term used in the record-collecting community to mean a vinyl release that you want and it is going to be very hard to find (hence, "holy grail").

Mine is a rare vinyl pressing of Out of the Cradle by Lindsey Buckingham. It was only released in Europe (mine is from Portugal, so the label has some Portuguese). Yeah, I found it. On eBay. And it cost me some serious money (won't say how much). Yeah, I'm stoked.

The proof.















I have some other "holy grails" lined up, but this was the big one. So, I may not pursue those for a long, long time. And actually, due to some huge events coming up (my best friend's wedding in July, a vacation to NYC, etc.) my record-collecting may come to a brief halt. Gotta save some serious dough.

Got any "holy grail" stories? Share them in the comments!

0 musing(s):