Saturday, April 21, 2012

Record Store Day 2012

Today is every vinyl-holic's favorite holiday. I asked for the day off from work in advance so I can get up bright and early to get a few of the exclusives coming out today. By the time I arrived at the record store, there was a long line leading from the door. I got in and waited until opening, with the line getting much longer behind me. I had never experienced anything like this before (my mom noted that it sounded like Black Friday).

I was going past people to find the exclusives. I went for Arcade Fire and Genesis without much trouble. The seven-inches were more trouble. I didn't get the M83 or Foster the People ones, but I got Karen Elson's (the one on the far right). The one to the left of M. Ward's "Primitive Girl" is Caitlin Rose's "Piledriver Waltz", which wasn't going very quickly.

My big ones were Arcade Fire and Karen Elson, followed by Genesis. The others were random ones that I grabbed up.


After that, I wandered around the store, mostly recovering from being squished for the better part of ten-twenty minutes. I found a few more goodies, including two CDs I've been dying to get.

Top two CDs: THEESatisfaction's awE naturalE (my second favorite album of the year, so far) and Alabama Shakes's Boys & Girls (my favorite album of the year, so far)

Records: In Rainbows by Radiohead, Under the Pine by Toro Y Moi, and The Black Belles's debut album.

Have any Record Store Day stories or finds? Share them in the comments!

0 musing(s):