Friday, November 25, 2016

Surprise Big Thing!

Hey people, it's been a while, so glad to be back here on the blog! As I mentioned in a past entry, I had some big things happening this month. Well, here is the surprise one:

I got a tattoo!


Yep, I took the plunge and went to a tattoo parlor that was recommended to me by my boss at work (of all the people, I know!). It was an early birthday gift to myself, got it done on the 22nd. It cost about 93 bucks (including tip!) and took about an hour overall to get it done. What a life-changing thing to have done! It was painful, not gonna lie, but it was worth it. There are still moments where I'm stunned to see this.

My design choice is the penguin from the liner notes of Mirage by Fleetwood Mac. It is all dressed in stereotypical French attire since the album was initially recorded at the Chateau d'Herouville (which is outside of Paris, IIRC). It's an album with a lot of meaning to me: one of my favorite albums by them, my all-time favorite album cover, and an album I was obsessed with as a teenager and again now due to the remastered re-release. Since the band is one of my all-time favorites and the album's ties to my teen-hood, it made sense to get this tattoo. Fun fact, this design was one of more recent ones I thought of getting. I ended up getting this on my lower left arm.

Getting the tattoo was an experience unto itself. I will be honest and say it did hurt quite a bit (and it still does in some areas, mainly from the tightness from the skin healing), it felt like a hot, thin scratching especially when the coloring began. I got used to it about halfway through. Once it was done, I was light-headed and developing a headache from clenching my teeth as I tried to brave it out.

I also will admit to almost chickening out at the last minute, but you know what? I'm glad I did it. It'll be a long while before I see its final form after all the healing, but in the meantime... I'm enjoying every moment of having this lovely little work of art.

pic taken by Andy, the tattoo artist!

0 musing(s):