Monday, February 15, 2010

Links and other random things

My last post will probably remain one of the more well-written things on this blog (next to my open letter to WB and Youtube), and future posts will be a step down in terms of writing quality, until the mood strikes me.

I kid, I kid.

Sorta.

So anyway, I posted some new links. For one thing, I now have a tumblr. I may post randomness there, instead of here. Maybe it will help clear up this blog for more professional posts... like the last one I did.

Hark! A Vagrant is a hilarious webcomic by the mega-talented Kate Beaton. She makes a lot of history jokes, but trust me, you'll laugh and learn something. And isn't that the beauty of high comedy?

Spill.com is a movie review website. Its bread-and-butter is the video reviews, which are short animations starring a motley crew of movie critics. They aren't afraid to go for the jugular, but it brings the laughs.

The Misadventures of Hello Cthulhu is a webcomic that sticks one of Lovecraft's most frightening creations into the equally-WTF world of Hello Kitty. Hilarity ensues. Warning: webcomic may be only appealing to Lovecraft-aholics. Like me... *secret Lovecraft fan*

That reminds me of a time that once I had a customer that had a shirt for this. When I confirmed it, he said that I was the only person who got it. When I shared the story with my co-workers, they had no idea what I was talking about. Man, I am a geek.

Recommended short stories: "The Rats in the Walls", "The Haunter of the Dark", and "Nyarlathotep".

~

I have Culture Club's "I'll Tumble 4 Ya" stuck in my head. Damn. It.

ETA: BTW, if you check out my Tumblr, you get to see some of my tweets.

0 musing(s):