Saturday, February 27, 2010

Some updates

I've been listening to lots of music these days, trying to have at least one play count for each song I have uploaded onto iTunes. Lordy, I have over three thousand to go! I also earned an iTunes gift card, so I bought even more songs (and even an album, just for its exclusive track).

Ridiculous amount of reading going on right now. Done with Camus and off to Nabokov-land. I'm reading Lolita and Speak, Memory right now. One is for class discussion, the other is for an oral presentation I plan to give next week. I also have a stack of unfinished books that needs to get finished like whoa.

Like I mentioned in my last entry, to make up for my lacking presence, I would do a book review. I know I said that I had grand plans for a separate website just for reviews. It was silly for me to stop doing them here. Until I figure out a place for them to go, I'll continue posting them here. Anyway, back to the book review. I have chosen another J.G. Ballard book, ironically having to do with cars and crashes also: Concrete Island.

So, the reviews are back. This shall be their temporary home.

Mindy Smith did an amazing and gorgeous cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Little Lies" that I can't. Stop. Listening. To. To say it's better than the original would be silly, since Christine McVie is classy awesome personified... instead, shall I say Smith's cover is in a class unto itself? Yeah, much better.

0 musing(s):