Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dude, I love the Internet.

*To those who are interested, I'm now posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays on my Tumblr*

So, as usual, I was faffing about on the Internet when I came across one of my new favorite blogs: Women Running from Houses. It got me to thinking about a long-lost book I saw/had many years ago. All I recall was the title had "fire" and "emerald" and there was a lady running from the house (hence why the aforementioned blog had me recalling it). Now that I think of it, this sounds like a request someone would make at my job. Aieeee.

Anyway, sure enough, 20 minutes of Googling led me to this. I'm so fucking awesome.

Now looking at it, the title is purple prose like whoa. But man... I kinda want to read it. It's gonna be predictable and ridiculous, but why the hell not read it?

Then, I decided to solve more childhood mysteries. Okay, I recalled a teen series with a character with the surname McVie. (I kept seeing results for Christine McVie. Kinda lulzy.) Annnnd survey says... boo-yah! Here's the trippy part: I never read the series, just happened upon an advert in an old book and remembered the last name (yes, because of the Fleetwood Mac keyboardist).

Thanks to the Internet, I can relive some wonderful childhood memories. Oh wait. Except this one. Uggghhh.

0 musing(s):