Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Midterm Elections (in which I sorta reveal my home state...)

Man, I'm not the least bit surprised how the elections went on in my state. The winner came to the surprise of absolutely no one, yet I'm still flabbergasted. Why the world do all my state-bound peeps still want Rick Perry? Are Democrats too scary? Do you like his fantastic hair? What is it?

Joking aside, I voted Democrat because I'm tired of my state being one of the lowest in education. I'm tired of having to hear the governor make ridiculous claims that we could secede. Don't even get me started on the textbook nonsense.

While I didn't like the Democratic choice, but it was anybody but Perry at this point. I want better education for this state. We deserve it. It's great that my state is surviving this economical depression so far, but that doesn't change much for the well-being of many. People still can't get jobs, higher education is expensive beyond hilarity, and we're not handling the border situation well at all. We can do better than this and we failed by reelecting Perry.

To all those who hate me for voting for White: I'm sorry that I believe in silly things like giving everybody a chance to have a good life.

~

Side note: I'm not as well-versed in politics as I like to be, but I'm slowly making amends to that.

0 musing(s):