Friday, March 18, 2011

Writing Update (Or: Seriously, This Is the Last Post for the Day)

Okay, here's the situation: I got interested in writing flash fiction again (thanks to a local alternative newspaper's online blog), so I've been doing a few stories. What I really like about flash fiction is that it really teaches you what little details would help make the story shine. Or how to capture a moment with two sentences about ten words long a piece. Very challenging, but I love a good one.

Atop that, I'm writing a short story in second person. Another fun challenge, me who often uses third person and sometimes first.

As for Invisible, I ran across an unfortunate snag. It is something that I believe can be amended by a great amount of research and possible peer feedback (when that time arrives, of course). But, without going into much detail, it was disheartening to discover it, but at least I'm glad I found at this stage. I will continue on it tomorrow. I keep stopping and doing other things instead.

Bad writer, bad! No new music for you!

~

One minor note: I subscribed to a few magazines. Haven't done that in a loooong time. I'll be getting Bitch (feminism/pop culture), Under the Radar (indie/alternative music), Mother Jones (progressive journalism), and Poets & Writers (take a guess...). Very excited! All fine magazines, please go check them out!

0 musing(s):