Monday, July 18, 2011

Things I Learned Listening to My Music Collection

I'm honestly bankrupt on blog post ideas, so here are some insightful/mostly-goofy thoughts I tweeted while listening to all my music for the Top 50 list I'm planning... and yes, the title is the hashtag I used (for all but a few).
  • I'm being haunted by King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man". The trick is figuring out whether that's a good thing or not. 
  • "Poppies" by Patti Smith is awesome.  
  • Crystal Stilts: how to imitate Joy Division correctly. 
  • Tom Petty is the best of all my Southern relatives put into one person.
  • Fleetwood Mac's Mystery to Me gets better with each listen. It may rival Tango in the Night, like big time. 
  • No Steve Miller, I wasn't expecting you to be a space cowboy. 
  • Bob Welch-led Fleetwood Mac kicked major ass.
  • I am a secret fan of King Crimson. Did not know that. 
  • Hoshit, A Silent Film = Editors + Keane 
  • The Weepies made me realize that I rarely enjoy low-tempo pop. 
  • Unlike the chick in Jerry Harrison's "Rev It Up", I can't steer with my knees.
  • Neutral Milk Hotel is still weird. And the lead guy reminds me of Jonathan Richman.
  • Nope, still don't like the Eagles. "Hotel California" is pretty good, though.
  • Franz Ferdinand's debut album is actually excellent, despite my initial thoughts.
  • Fleetwood Mac's Rumours has aged well.  
  • Bruce Springsteen is actually excellent, despite my initial thoughts. 
  • Steely Dan's last two albums try too hard to be Aja 2.0. And FAIL. 
~
I'm betting half of y'all will be going "LOL no1curr".

And I'll respond with this and end it:

















original from here

0 musing(s):