Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Things That Happened While I Was Not Posting...

in bullet list form for easier reading!
  • I had a serious wake-up call about my current job last week. Now, I'm on the search for a new, full-time job. 
  • Haven't studied the GRE completely in about two weeks. Good thing I have almost two months to study...
  • I have considered never posting on Twitter again. Unless a long stretch of my life suddenly gets exciting.
  • I saw Driftless Pony Club at a show and got their EP Expert autographed. They're great live.
  • Got a metric ton of Women's Studies books from Borders, since they're going out of business.

  Speaking of the last thing, I have avoided the topic of bringing up who exactly I work for. Honestly, I wanted to avoid getting fired for saying bad things. It is time, in lieu of Borders's closing, to reveal. But for those who have read the few times I mentioned it and put the pieces together, it is probably easy.
  I work for Barnes & Noble. I have been there for almost five years (this coming November). Thanks to this job, I have met so many great writers from all over the country. Had fun experiences with customers and co-workers. It was a wonderful place to work while I was in college. But it is time to move on.
  I need full-time, consistent employment. In this economy, that is a hard thing to find. There has to be something there that will fit me.

  And that is what transpired in the last week or so. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna make some more posts to make up for the lack of them...

0 musing(s):