Saturday, December 31, 2011

A small change for the New Year

After pondering over it for a while, I have decided that for all future music purchases, if it comes in vinyl with an MP3 code, I will buy it like that. If it only comes in CD, I will still buy it. But vinyl would be better. It's an experiment I want to try out.

Since I'm making good use of my father's record player these days (as I type this, I'm listening to "Us and Them" by Pink Floyd from Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl), it makes sense to go this route. This does cause a  conundrum: it does cost more for the vinyl (about twice as much), but I'll deal with that as it comes along. It may mean wiser and more prudent purchases, or it means I need a better job. Either way, let's give it a spin, shall we?

ETA: Glad to see the story about CDs going away in 2012 wasn't exactly true. There is still life in the little buggers.

0 musing(s):