Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sidelined by illness (again!)

Over two weeks ago, my sister was nursing a nasty cold (it sidelined her enough for her to miss a few days of school) and I was taking care of her, along with driving my mom to the courthouse for jury duty. Then around the 3rd of this month, I started to feel a little off. I canceled my blood donation appointment and was struck with a cold. By the next day, it spread to my chest and gave me a nasty, deep cough along with a roller-coaster fever. When I woke up today, I had enough. Nothing I was taking was working at all and I wasn't getting any better. I went to the health clinic and found out that I have mild bronchitis. Thanks to this discovery, I'm now on medicine that is actually doing something. I'm not coughing as hard anymore, thank God. Today is the best I've felt in a week.

Everyone at work was pretty worried about me. I had to call in sick twice, and when I did show up for the two other shifts, I was allowed to go home early. And here I am, trying to earn money for some big events! This wasn't helping! Plus, I hate calling in sick. It's like "well, I'm standing, I should be okay". But the fever worried me, plus I don't want to spread this to my co-workers. Geez Louise, I'm not a jackass!

Either way, to those who were wondering where the hell I've been... here's your answer.

0 musing(s):