Thursday, June 14, 2012

Did not go as well as I expected...

Warning: this post contains a brief discussion of blood donations. Reader discretion is advised.

I hate to do this, but I have to drop out from Camp NaNoWriMo. Turns out the story I was working on did not want to go as long as 50k. It wants to be a long short story, or a novella. It can't decide what it wants, and neither can I. So, that is the main reason. The other is a botched blood donation.

Lemme explain the latter more. What happened was the nurse had stuck the needle so far it went past my vein and into my body. Even when he adjusted the needle, during the return process, the solution burned. I was going to do a double donation, but it was cut down to a single due to the pain. After it was over, the nurse said I will develop a hematoma. It later bruised all over my the left side of the donation area (in this case, on my right arm). I can barely stretch my arm without pain (this is due to the hematoma pressing on a major nerve). I am doing so much better, but it still hurts and yes, I still have the bruise.

Yeah, see why I wasn't able to do much in the last few days? I hate to give up, but I'm so far behind and I rather concentrate on other things at the moment. Like starting up story projects and getting ready for several big things. One of those may include getting a new job.

Will keep y'all updated. No hematoma will keep me from writing! Though, one will keep me from fist-pumping, which kinda sucks... oh well.

0 musing(s):