Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Here's an update! There's an update! We all have updates!

Hello, longtime readers and newcomers! I'm back to see what condition my blog was in. And man, we need some updates in here, it's looking a little stale. Time to fix that.

My hematoma has healed up quite nicely, the bruising is still there but not as bad as before. It's all migrated to the left inner side of my right arm. I was concerned it wouldn't be gone by the time of my friend's wedding, but it's looking like it'll be gone before then. I can also stretch my arm out without pain, yea!

I'm going to begin the job hunt by applying for a few jobs. One of them is for another bookstore, but they're offering full-time, which I need. It's been really frustrating, since I want to do it all right the first time, so I give up since I might as well save me the pain of rejection. Hmmm... I really need to stop doing that. 'Cause how else can I survive being a writer? Or life in general?

I have everything that I need for the wedding (minus the dress, it's being hemmed at the moment) and the trip to NYC. All I'm missing is Shout! wipes and a sewing kit. Trust me, think about why I, a bridesmaid, may need these things. If anything, I want to be the over-prepared bridesmaid, armed and ready for any possible scenario to ensure a smooth wedding day.

I do have plans to blog about the NYC trip, but not during it. I am not going to be lugging my laptop around town, 'cause I ain't leaving it at the hotel, that's for sure.

And a big lesson I learned today is that, no matter how rough and sucky life gets, I need to keep perspective and finds the joys in life. It is hard as hell to do, and I often forget to do this, but I have to keep at it.

Hope y'all are well, my lovely peeps.

0 musing(s):