Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A word on grad school

After giving it some thought over the last few months (and the stress I've been dealing with lately didn't help much), I have decided that I will not apply for grad school next year.

I'm not in the best financial situation right now and since I'm in the process of finding new employment, I'm not going to stress over it at this time. I would rather get a full-time gig, make some good money, find a nice place to live, hone my writing skills with vocational classes, and get published a few more times. Just for now, at least. I'm sure once I'm financially secure (well, the best I can be in this economy), I'll decide if grad school is right for me.

I'm not sure if I want to get an MFA just to write better, or become a teacher of sorts, or even change my focus to something else like women's studies or a specific branch of literature (I'm thinking Japanese literature) or library science. Hell, I was considering going overseas to teach English, but it feels imperialistic, so I'll likely pass on this. Or I'll just say "eff this" and do one of those low-residency MFA programs.

Honestly, I have no effing clue if I'll further my studies.

I got an idea. Lemme get an effing job first. After that, I'll go from there...

0 musing(s):