Friday, September 21, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 Plans (or: I Was A Teenage Fan-Fiction Writer)

As the ninth month of the year draws slowly to a close, along with the end of a brutal season and the entrance of my favorite season, it is time to begin making plans for NaNoWriMo. After some serious thought, I have decided to participate in it again. Maybe I won't be in it to win, because the prize may likely be the same (coupon for Scrivener, etc.) or I may just do it just so I can get another sweet avatar thingy showing how effing boss I am.

I'm torn between two ideas: the story of an FBI agent and a local detective solving the mystery of a dead butler. Or a Silent Hill fan fiction about a possible apocalypse.

Okay, lemme explain the last one a bit. Yes, I used to write fan fiction. Silent Hill was one of the fandoms. No, I never published any of it. The only one I finished was a short story about what happened in South Ashfield Apartments during the events of Silent Hill 4: The Room. No, I will not publish it anywhere on the 'Net. It has a terrible OC (original character) protagonist. Now, we shall never speak of it again... (eh)

Either way, I'm tempted to write the fan fiction. It was an old idea that I never got around to finishing, and it sounds pretty effing awesome. I had this whole thing scoped out, like big-time. It's going to require a major overhaul, the protagonists have moved onto starring in original fiction that I've planned out. But it will give me a chance to really execute some of the original ideas I had for the characters on newer ones (e.g. I had plans to make the main character have amplified hearing). Yeah, you know what? Eff it. I'm gonna do it.

So, here is to a fun-as-hell NaNoWriMo. 2012 was a rough year. I think I deserve a fun writing project.

This post was brought to you by my second favorite Channel Awesome personality and Roxy Music's "Same Old Scene".



 

*meme does not belong to me*

0 musing(s):