Tuesday, March 26, 2013

An interesting find from last night

During the last two hours of my shift, I was cleaning up and putting away things, when I came across the spring-themed table. Lying there was a small envelope, already open. I flipped it over and saw this written on the front (I took the pictures after the fact):


Okay, can't say no to something like that...
What a pretty card! It was glittery, the picture doesn't show that well.


And what's this? A message?


Close-up of message:


What a sweet message! I was having a bummer night: I had a headache, my right knee was acting up, and some good ol' anxiety/OCD was messing with  my head. This was a much-needed dose of medicine. Even though it was already open, it was probably for anyone who needed a little pick-me-up.

As I carried it around, considering whether to keep it or not, a female customer saw that I had it and said "You found it!" I thought she was "Alice", but then she revealed to be the person who first opened it. We talked about it for a bit, then she asked if I was going to leave it. "In fact," I said. "I'm gonna do just that."

After taking the pictures, I sealed it with tape and hid it somewhere in the store. No need to keep something like this to myself. Someone may need this more than me.

Whoever you are Alice, thank you very much. You brightened the night of one customer and one retail employee. May good things happen to you. You have a good soul. I hope you are just as lovely inside and out as your handwriting.

0 musing(s):