Friday, June 20, 2014

So...

I woke up with a draining, sore right ear. Just great. That's usually a sign of a cold in the making for me. Or perhaps, self who oozes with optimism, something I can tackle before it turns into a sickness kaiju. But I hadn't been sick in over seven months, so I guess it's my turn (I usually get sick at least once a year, rarely does it cause me to miss work, unless it's surprise bronchitis).

As for writing, I was on a roll the first two days, but wow... exhaustion from work and the pain in my left heel were enough to drive me to bed and rest up the days I had off. I'm beginning to see an association with this. All I want to do is relax away the pain and watch ASMR videos (yes, I think I actually have this, more on this another day). While relaxing and resting up from the pain are great ideas, it doesn't help me get anything done. I need to find a way to work through the exhaustion and pain so I don't get sidelined like that again.

I could do all my writing before I go to work, but there is no guarantee* of that, since I usually do other things (y'know, like an ACTUAL PERSON), like various household chores. So it's becoming a matter of balance. And here I sit, while there are writers who raise children or juggle multiple jobs. What the hell is my excuse? Pain? Procrastination? I don't know. I need to find out more before I can make a judgement call.

On the lighter side of things, I lost four pounds! Watching my portions and snacking less has really helped so much. Four down, thirty-six to go!

See ya later, peeps! May the weekend be good to you.

~~

*One day, I'll make it my life's mission to spell this damn word correctly.

0 musing(s):