Wednesday, July 9, 2014

TWO JOB INTERVIEWS OMG (and other exciting things that happened)

That's right, my sweet little marshmallow chicks, I secured two job interviews! I had a surprise phone one this morning and I did so well, they want to meet me on Friday for a final interview!

Then, the one I had scheduled about a week ago also went well, so I have a final interview with them next week on the day after Stop Making Sense (yeah, I got a ticket to the Austin screening and I am SO GOING. I'll be the brunette wearing this shirt and reading whatever I found in the Half Price Books in town).

I should note that these two jobs are full-time, benefits-having, call center/customer service positions. You would think I would be bothered by this, but not really. I'm ready to try something different and put myself in a new work environment. I may start entry-level, but how else can I get a better feel of the place than start from the beginning? No sense in being thrown half-way up.

Man, near-victory tastes so good, like blood orange candies.


Atop that, I've been making excellent progress on my current novel project. Over 11K written just in the last twelve days!



43830 / 100000 words. 44% done!

And there is still so much more left to write. Well, good thing I have today and tomorrow off from work. It's going to be a writing/reading/listening to music/Orphan Black watching bonanza!

I also secured tickets to several upcoming concerts: Little Dragon next month, Twin Shadow in late October, and Broken Bells in early October.

So wow, talk about a reversal of fortune, huh? So much good stuff is happening. I'm so... wait, lemme have Ray tell you himself:


Hope you lovely readers out there are doing well in whatever you are doing. If not, I hope things get better for ya and that you cherish even the tiniest of good things. That's what kept me going when I was first recovering from depression. You gotta find the little things to keep you going. It's hard, but it will be worth it.

I believe in me and (everyone else) too, tiny cactus!

See ya next time!

0 musing(s):