Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reading Challenges for 2012

After the (somewhat) success of the Haruki Murakami Reading Challenge (I have until the 12th of January next year to finish), I have decided to take on several more, but with smaller goals.

And so, here we go!

A reading challenge for those who dig stories about unfortunate (or fortunate) souls going back into time to dig up the past, learn about their present days, and even warn the future (or just change it, y'know).

I'm going for 10 books:
The Time Quintet by Madeleine L'Engle (5 books total)
Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
Time and Again by Jack Finney
11/22/63 by Stephen King
Time After Time by Karl Alexander
Somewhere in Time by Richard Matheson
Wanna give it a go? Click here for info!


A reading challenge that asks you to do the unthinkable: to read whatever damn books you haven't read yet!

I'm going for 50 books. Good luck to me...

Wanna take down some books you been meaning to read? Click here for more info!





A reading challenge that takes from a C.S. Lewis quote, but mainly asks the challenger to read (number chosen) of books that go over 700 pages.

I'm going for 2: The Agony and the Ecstasy and The Passage.

Wanna see what C.S. Lewis meant? Click here for more info!


A reading challenge that wants you to read some short story collections. Read a few, gain a favorite writer, y'know the drill...

I'm going for 8 collections, 3 I'm already working on (H.P. Lovecraft, Lydia Davis, and Edgar Allan Poe).

Wanna see if Lydia Davis really does rule the flash fiction kingdom? Click here for more info!





Good luck to all.... and may God help me in 2012.

2 musing(s):

Birgit said...

Welcome to the Tea & Books Reading Challenge! I can see you also picked "The Passage", I believe a few of us will be reading this book for the challenge :-) ! Happy reading!

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

Hi Lindsey,
Thanks for joining me on my challenges! I look forward to reading your reviews.