Monday, July 21, 2014

A Good Run of Bad Luck

Okay, I had some things go down since I last wrote on here. Allow me to present it in bullet list form, since I'm lazy and it also will work better for this. Sounds good? Alrighty then, let's go!
  • The only good thing that happened last week was the screening of Stop Making Sense. The crowd was awesome, singing along and cheering. It was like "I found my people!" And I don't even live in Austin. ;_; (About three people complimented my shirt!)
  • The job search wasn't going very well. Had a so-so interview the day after the Stop Making Sense screening. I also had a video interview with one bank, a teller skills assessment test with another. Got a "nope" email after the video interview and barely passed the test (I was two points away from the minimum) and have to wait two months to retake it. 
  • Atop all this, my mood was really off for some reason. I had trouble pinning it down, but I feared the worst: is depression coming to visit again?
  • Saturday night, I finally realized the cause of my "off" mood: I was fighting off a nasty cold. So I spent my two days off (yesterday and today) to recover from it. Coughing so hard I pulled a muscle on my left side, so it hurt to stand until today. 
  • With my two days off, I watched archived livestreams by Ray of Achievement Hunter, played Plants vs. Zombies (shut up, this game's ridiculously fun), and did some light reading. Along with eating a ton of fruit popsicles (which helped my throat when it was getting real sore from the coughing). 
But now, there is an extra set of good news: I got another interview with a local credit union for a part-time teller job, so there's that! And also, I haven't heard back from the interview from Tuesday, so there's a slight chance of that being a yes. But we'll have to see...

I also have made a huge leap in recovering from the cold. I am not about to run a 5K or anything like that, but it is a big difference. I'm keeping a sharp eye on it so it doesn't turn into bronchitis or something equally ugly. 

Haven't done any serious reading or writing since I fell ill, but I hope to begin that again once I start regaining my strength. 

That's about what was going on with me these days. Hope things are better for y'all. If not, I hope they do get better, at least, a little more than it was before. <3 div="">

0 musing(s):