Thursday, October 30, 2008

Very well, young one... I accept yer meme!

My sis tagged me with a meme. We couldn't find who came up with it originally, but if someone knows, let us know and we'll give proper credit.

Book Meme:

1. One book that changed your life
The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. What can I say, Taoism is cool. This book made it easier to understand. And it has a beloved childhood icon!

2. One book that you've read more than once
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. *happy time!*

3. One book you'd want on a desert island
A House Like A Lotus by Madeleine L'Engle. I could read that book over and over and never tired of it.

4. One book that made you laugh
Same as my sis: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Second place would be The Age of Innocence. Upper-class snips have never been funnier!

5. One book that made you cry
The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum. I cried because it disturbed me greatly that I wanted to see how far the violence was going to go. I'll tell you what, it went TOO FAR!!
(sorry for the shout)

6. One book you wish you had written
What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson. Before you give me that funny look, sis... I'm mostly jealous of the romantic ideas.

7. One book you wish had never been written
Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessel. Any book that makes me temporarily hate reading should be sent to the Dante's Hell of books.

8. One book you are currently reading
The Doll in the Garden by Mary Downing Hahn. A nice read, but I think I predicted the ending.

9. One book you've been meaning to read
Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence.

10. Now tag five people.
Uh, no.

I leave you, wondering when the Special Topics fans will come and attack me...

Regards,
Lindsey

P.S.: Sis...



A bitchin' time.

1 musing(s):

Anonymous said...

I admit, I'm surprised about one and six! Mostly number one though. I didn't realize it had such an impact on you.

As for the quiz, I would have thought you were 1-2 AM or something. Interesting! Do you agree with it? Mine was rather spot-on.