Friday, August 21, 2009

It's picture time!

So far, readings are going very well. I'm almost done with three books and there are only five days until school starts for me, so I have to hop to it!

No writing, but been keeping a journal (an off-line, paper one that is).

Nothing much else in the life, so... onto the pics!

~~

My sis and I went to a flea market out of town last weekend. My sis hunted for bottles for her apothecary box project, while I browsed for records and books.

After a while, I found a guy selling records. I found Talking Heads' live album, the soundtrack to Stop Making Sense, and a Brian Eno album.

But, the fourth was a special find. It's the limited edition of the Speaking in Tongues LP. While not extremely rare, it was sheer fortune to find it. I snagged it for a palsy ten bucks. Here's the history:

"For the artwork of the sleeve, the band invited artist Robert Rauschenberg to create a record cover. He designed a plastic envelope package with clear discs that could spin around. After the record company Warner Bros. deceided [sic] that the special sleeve would raise the price of the album too much, it was released as a limited (but large) edition. The record itself was pressed on clear vinyl. Byrne himself painted a cover for the standard edition." - Franny, The Name of This Site is Talking Heads

Pics:



~~

A new hobby I just got into is soap-making. Today, I made two acne soaps (basic recipe from here). The smell of tea tree oil is overpowering and I can barely smell the eucalyptus mint scent I had also added, so for future reference, to take it easy on the tea tree oil. Otherwise, here are the results:



(that's my hand, JSYK)

Those are pretty awesome, y/y?

~~

So, that's what I've been up to these days. How 'bout you? Find any new hobbies to keep your life interesting? Any cool finds? Post all about them!

0 musing(s):