Monday, June 27, 2011

Bye-bye, Tumblr...

I've had a weird on-off relationship with Tumblr for about a year now. There are times I really like it (the new dashboard) and times I hate it (wow, the f***yeah pages for my favorite people are badly run!). Atop that, much like YouTube, it took the deleting of certain content (in this case, a website dedicated to old magazine pictures [e.g, some never-before-seen Talking Heads ones]) to make me depart for good.

I will never delete it, but if you want updates, forget about it. Plus, it is an honest time-waster and I rather do things like crochet or make sketchbooks with twine and cardstock.

Anyway, I do recommend libraryland and postpunk, two of my favorite Tumblrs that I will miss. Also, f***yeahchickmusicians and stfusexists were great. I followed a ton of great ones. Go check them out, especially if you are a Tumblr user.

I've been doing this for six years and been just fine with Blogger. Twitter? Yeah, I update that every so often. Tumblr isn't for me. And that's okay. It works for other people, like my former classmates and a co-worker.

Thanks for the fun times, Tumblr. But it was never meant to be.

0 musing(s):