Thursday, June 16, 2011

Greenbacks and black vinyl

The other night, I enjoyed a concert out of town, where I ended up getting the musician's autograph. It was a major plus to an already-splendid day. But as my sister and I killed time before the show, first sitting in the city park eating gyros and later chilling on the stage at the venue, we got to talking about current personal issues. She is currently on the lookout for employment, while I am realizing some very adult things. That day, I spent all my on-hand cash to buy records and CDs. I love music and will continue to buy it, but these sprees have to come to an end. As I get older, money is becoming a high priority. I'm responsible for a lot of purchases now, even though I still live with my parents. It is a reality for a lot of people my age, having to make some serious choices. Since I have plans to pursue graduate school and I have plans to take the GRE in a few months, it is time to become my age.

I wasn't lying to myself when I realized this was going to be a tough year. All I'm glad about is that I got the last Talking Heads album on vinyl when I realized it. Guess, in a strange way, it was meant to happen this way.

~

This entry was brought to you by Radiohead's new single "Supercollider" and its B-side "The Butcher". On vinyl, no less.

0 musing(s):