Friday, July 6, 2012

25 Things You (Likely) Don't Know About Me

~~

1. I am the only person amongst my friends and family that hated Sucker Punch.

2. I air-guitar left-handed, yet I’m right-handed.

3. My liquors of choice are rum and whiskey. Vodka and tequila, no thanks!

4. I love Peter Gabriel solo more than in Genesis, yet I love Phil Collins in Genesis more than solo. (Bonus Genesis factoid: I prefer the Hackett/Banks/Rutherford/Collins era [Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering]).

5. If I could dress as one musician for my stage costume, I want to dress like Phil Manzanera from Roxy Music’s performance of “Ladytron” on The Old Grey Whistle Test. Those glasses are f***ing awesome.

6. I would love to learn how to play both banjo and bass.

7. According to my friends and family, I’m excellent at gift-giving.

8. I taught myself how to write (in general), braid, and juggle.

9. Before becoming a serious writer; I used to write Looney Tunes and Silent Hill fan fiction as a hobby. And no, none of it was sleazy. Or can be found on the Internet.

10. The books I have successfully recommended to customers are The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka followed by Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt (5 times for each of them).

11. Thanks to my sister, I’m now a hot tea drinker. My preference is green tea with honey.

12. I became a feminist when I was 21.

13. As of today, I have been published 3 times.

14. I was told once by a creative writing classmate that my writing wasn't good because the language wasn't "profound" nor were the words "12th grade level". Hey buddy, Hemingway on Line 4 for you.

15. I would like to write lyrics for a rock band.

16. If I could travel back into time to see one concert, it would be the entire US Festival in 1982. (Second place goes to Talking Heads in Tokyo, Japan in 1981).

17. Regarding item 16, I have been told by a few that this was an excellent choice.

18. I'm planning to cosplay as the Nostalgia Critic at an anime convention.

19. I am starting to collect nail polishes. God help me.

20. My best friend's upcoming wedding will be the first wedding I will ever go to. And also the first where I am part of the bridal party.

21. I'm pretty superstitious. I believe in wearing and carrying lucky things (like rings and jewelry), looking out for lucky numbers in things (like lotteries), and in omens. However, I don't believe in astrology.

22. When I was a kid, I wanted to be either a meteorologist or an animation director; almost just as bad as I want to be a writer now.

23. I'm really sensitive to the smell of house paint. It makes me gag.

24. I started calling microwaveable bacon "lazy bacon", beginning a trend in my house. My parents even list it as "lazy bacon" on their grocery lists!

25. I have named all my fountain pens after British writers. The Pelikan is Angela (after Angela Carter), the Waterman is George (after George Eliot), and the Retro 51 is Brian (after Brian Jacques).

0 musing(s):