Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm gonna weep...

I'm so proud of the USA right now. Re-electing Obama, several states legalizing gay marriage and marijuana, not voting in two pro-rape Senators...

We done good, y'all. Great job!

Here is to a prosperous and fortunate four more years for all of us!

Congrats, President Obama!

2 musing(s):

Bookstore Dave said...

I never envisioned you applauding statutes promoting illegal, ensnaring intoxicants. I never envisioned you cheering for a man who devalues success "you didn't build that", directly calls pregnancy a burden "burden my daughter with a pregnancy", and stands indifferent to military men and women "sends form letters to fallen soldiers' families". Who are you trying to impress ? The Occupy Wall Street crowd (highest DOW ever under BHO), or the framework Americans of the USA ? You're too smart to be bamboozled by the Democrats, LC... Joining my side doesn't make you a "square", "prude", "lame", or "antique". Heck, certain things about me are quite phreaky.... hee hee hee...

Lindsey said...

I'm actually surprised you didn't know I was a hardcore liberal. (Yet I was half-waiting for you to respond to this post.)

Allow me to address each point.

Ah, that quote. Yep, maybe try reading the whole blasted speech before railing on that one line and realize the context.

There has yet to be proof that marijuana is worst than drugs like cocaine and alcohol.

No man gets to decide about pregnancy. They will never know what's it's like. One woman can call it a blessing, another can call it a burden. Her call, not yours. (I know the President said something, but in the end, it'll be his daughter's call, not his) The only thing he's gonna do is make sure it is the woman's choice and men can stay out of it.

Form letters? Last I checked, that is not the President's job to write personalized letters to EVERY SINGLE PERSON. And for the love of Pete, at least do some homework.

I used to be conservative, but after years of experiencing this great big world of ours, I felt that becoming liberal made sense to how I perceived things and felt about people in general.

So I am impressing no one but myself, especially not the people of Occupy Wall Street (which has huge issues with race and women's issues, but that's a whole other kettle of fish).

I'm "too smart to be bamboozled"? I don't wanna hear it, "I didn't mean it that way", it was already said and I know what it can mean. At least my father (a hardcore conservative) still thinks I'm one of the smartest people he's ever known even when he doesn't agree with my beliefs. Take a lesson from my father and show some dignity.