Monday, December 10, 2012

What I Would Take...

If you're not familiar with The Burning House, go check it out here before reading the rest of this entry (more for clarity's sake than anything).

For a long time, I've always wondered what I would take with me if I had to abandon ship in any form or fashion (I fancy it'll be tornadoes more than anything, they do hit my area of Texas after all...). And so, tonight, I have the answer:


  • My cat (not pictured, she never poses for me, LOL)
  • Laptop (buried underneath the wallet, etc.)
  • Targus laptop bag
  • My childhood friends (y'all met them in this entry)
  • Meds: birth control and anti-depressants
  • The monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey, mentioned in this entry
  • Prospero, the Owl Who Travels*
  • A picture of my paternal grandfather, whom y'all met in this entry
  • Fountain pens
  • External hard drive
  • Wallet
  • A coal miner statue that was passed down to me from my grandfather (his father was a Tennessee coal miner)
  • Rare black-label copy of Silent Hill on the PSX
  • Fossil watch, college ring, Claddagh ring (not pictured), and two pairs of earrings (silver feather-like ones that belonged to my late great-aunt and turquoise guitars I got at an anime convention)
  • The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter (Penguin Ink edition)
  • Pretty-damn rare promo poster of Fear of Music by Talking Heads* (though folded and not in the frame)
  • iPhone (not pictured, since I was using it to take this photo)
  • Car keys (not pictured)
I was kinda surprised on what I left out (like my headphones, my electric guitar, and more of my favorite books), but to be honest... this is everything I would rush to get out of the house. All these things I would be beyond devastated if I ever were to lose them. If anything were to happen, God forbid, I could start a new life with all this here. Yeah, even without my books and records and other collectibles... I could start all over again. Or at least, be able to travel with very little.

Yes, there is a hilarious reflection on the framed poster of my whiteboard with all the bumper stickers of various record stores I like to visit whenever I'm in town. It's covering the bottom half of Jerry Harrison. XD

Who and what would you save in the unfortunate event that you had to evacuate your current shelter?

~~

*I'll talk about why they would be saved in another entry

0 musing(s):