Friday, January 17, 2014

The Adventures of the Excel Novice! *whoosh*

One of my biggest goals this year is to learn how to make the best use of Excel. My father uses the program for a butt-ton of things, even creating me a spreadsheet to keep track of average hours I worked at my job in my early years of working there (I still have it as nostalgia). He also uses it to track maintenance on all the cars (including mileage, when oil was last changed, etc.). Naturally, being a lot like my father in terms of organization, I want to follow in that route.

One thing I want to learn to do is create a well-kept inventory. I have enough books and music to warrant such a thing, so it would be easy to have it all sorted by artist/author, genre, year, and so forth. That would be awesome. Also, have it sorted by "read" and "unread". I don't want too much to start off with, don't wanna get overwhelmed.

So here I go now, learning more things and getting skilled...

*whoosh*

0 musing(s):