Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Letter to a Writer I Don't Really Like

Dear Ms. Pessl,

I tried to read Special Topics in Calamity Physics and by the 80th page, I had to stop. Once I did though, I didn't read a single thing for an entire month. Reading your book made me hate reading. I told everyone I knew that your book was not worth the time. Your book did something that Twilight couldn't even do.

But that was me as an immature jackass. I like to think I moved past all that. I would like to give this book another chance, since your new one Night Film is coming out and it actually sounds really cool. It is unfair to hold such thoughts and then really fuming over the past.

Disliking on an entertainer for their product is a waste of time. I got better things to be mad at. I hope to change my thoughts about your writing by reading them in full. Even if I still don't like your work, then I wasn't your intended audience. Nothing wrong with that. No more hate, only respect.

Hope things go well for your second book. And may I finish Physics in full this time around.

Yours,
Lindsey, an ardent bibliophile

0 musing(s):