Friday, June 7, 2013

Huh...

Just when I was preparing for my upcoming vacation, I was ninja'd with some interesting news: another bookstore in town needs a full-time person in the kids' department and I was considered. Earlier in the month I had the interview. I went in and learned more about what is expected from a full-time kids' bookseller. It is kinda what I thought, along with other things I was surprised to know about*.

Either way, while it sounds promising and interesting (plus I won't lose my health insurance at the end of the year), I began to think whether or not it's actually a good idea to take the job.

To my utter shock, I was given the job. I was called earlier today and got the news. Yet after thinking it over and talking about it with my mother, I called back and declined the job. I'm sure they weren't thrilled about it yet I feel like this was the right thing to do.

I love working at B&N, but I'm ready to move on. I want to try out other things, take on different risks and tasks. Being a lead bookseller sounds good, but I want to move on. My hope was once I returned from San Francisco, I will start seriously job-hunting. Get the eff away from retail and get the life I wanted.

And that is what I'm gonna do.

*For the sake of being a good soul, I will not talk about these things, since it's none of y'all's damn business.

0 musing(s):