Monday, June 17, 2013

Good to be back

Though I miss San Francisco dearly (mainly the weather and the sourdough bread... among other things) it is good to be back in Texas. The Spurs are kicking it in the Finals (always nice to see) and summer is descending upon us (just get it over with so we can get back to cooler days).

Like I talked about in past entries, I am on the hunt for something full-time. I declined a position to be the new kids' lead bookseller at another bookstore in town so I can easily part from retail without too much grief (and holes left empty). More than ever am I determined to leave and seek better things. With reapplying for grad school and rewriting some past novel projects, I feel that things are turning around in my favor. Especially after taking the trip to California; I learned to rely on myself and learn from my mistakes, enjoy my own company, walk the city streets without fear (and a pocket knife in my jeans pocket), navigate a city's public transit system, and take chances on various places and foods.

Yesterday was the last day for one of my co-workers, who is taking over some duties at a pizza shop that she owns with her husband. Such a bummer to lose a wonderful lady. Her leaving also made me realize that I need to work on the job hunt. There is a good chance I might not secure the first thing I apply for, but at least I can say I tried... more than once.

There is also the need to go back to my alma mater and ask them for assistance on the job hunt. They should know some things, after all, they owe it to me! /sarcasm

So there you go. An update. Make of it what you will.

0 musing(s):