Thursday, July 2, 2009

A strange fact about myself

I cannot watch end credits to movies.

Before you go WTF here, lemme clarify.

This is a fear/strange-ass superstition that has followed me since I was a child. Dunno how it started, but this is what I believe: if I watched a whole movie, I had to stop before the end credits, well, ended. I was afraid of there being some disturbing imagery at the end and... the TV would explode and kill me. Yes, you heard right.

Oh child self, you had a crazy imagination. Sadly, though, it has followed me. It struck as recently as early last month. My sister and I were housesitting and watching Angel Heart, and we were watching the end credits (which had bonus footage. Damn films doing that, making me even more scared of end credits). When it got to the final bits, I was struck with a pang of fear. I stopped the DVD and my sister asked me why. I then told her what I just explained.

Is it stupid? Hell yes.
Do I know it's an irrational fear? You bet.
Does that stop me from being scared? Sadly, no. There was only one time I sat through the whole credits without the fear (the second viewing of Silent Hill at the movie theater)

So, there you go. Random fact.

/random and possibly pointless post

0 musing(s):