Friday, July 10, 2009

One mini-vacation later...

Okay, I finally figured out what I'm going to do with writing. First off, several short stories lined up.

-A woman laments her affairs with men that share a common trait: they were all Pisces.

-A teenager in a mall in my hometown, around 1985. But I have to know: is it too much to ask for photos of local malls from the eighties?! DX

-A fairy tale about a local attraction, believe it or not, not too far from my house.

-A Catholic has a run-in with an atheist.

Trust me, the ideas are more awesome than that, but I'm only willing to give away a few details.

~

Oh, and yes! A novelette project too.

Thanks to late-night YouTube viewing (though I don't sign in, I lurk) and watching this video and reading about the fate of the man who captured it on video. According to the comments, he had died. And, if I read the comments correctly, the moment when the camera falls over and it seems to fade to red, he had been struck by debris and killed.

With that, and along with viewing old-school tornado safety videos, I was inspired to write a story about an amateur spotter capturing footage of a violent tornado.

And they say the Internets are bad for writers. Pffff!

~

Other than some marathon reading, there is nothing else to write about. So, good night...

-Lindsey

P.S.: If I only had a Blu-Ray player...

0 musing(s):